Mirror Football
Arsenal news: Victor Osimhen statement made as Mikel Arteta drops next transfer clue
2026年8月17日

Arsenal news: Victor Osimhen statement made as Mikel Arteta drops next transfer clue
Galatasaray's stance on selling Victor Osimhen to Arsenal emerges
The start of Arsenal's Premier League title defence is fast approaching, with the Gunners looking to get more business done before the big kick-off against Coventry. The Gunners have signed Bruno Guimaraes, Christos Tzolis and Illan Meslier so far, while Piero Hincapie's loan has become permanent.
Arsenal's striker search has moved on to Galatasaray's Victor Osimhen, with Gabriel Martinelli and Gabriel Jesus potentially on their way out of the club before the end of the transfer window. Ethan Nwaneri and Martin Zubimendi could also depart before the September 1 deadline.
Meanwhile, Jarell Quansah and Ezri Konsa have emerged as defensive targets as the Gunners wrestle with the absence of the injured William Saliba. The Gunners have seen at least one bid for Aston Villa's Konsa knocked back.
Following Sunday's Community Shield final against Manchester City, Mirror Football brings you a round-up of the latest Arsenal transfer news…
FOLLOW OUR ARSENAL FB PAGE! Latest Gunners news and more on our dedicated Facebook page
Osimhen statement made
Galatasaray have issued a strong 'hands off' warning amid Arsenal's interest in Osimhen. According to reports in Turkey, president Dursun Ozbek has told his inner circle: "I will not say 'yes' to any transaction that will harm Galatasaray or not benefit Galatasaray.
"What I said about Baris Alper Yilmaz, I am now saying even more strongly about Osimhen. No matter how much the price is, I am not selling Osimhen."
Despite Ozbek's declaration, Turkish outlet Sozcu reports that Arsenal remain 'determined' to sign the Nigerian, who has also responded to the speculation over his future, saying: "There are always rumours during the transfer windows. I'll focus on my job. I'm focused on my work. We'll see and think about what comes next then."
Arteta drops transfer clue
Mikel Arteta has dropped a clear hint that Nwaneri will soon be leaving the club. After being involved in pre-season, the attacking midfielder was omitted from the squad for Sunday's Community Shield against Manchester City.
Nwaneri's lack of involvement suggests he will be moved on before the end of the transfer window, with Galatasaray among the clubs interested in the youngster.
Arteta addressed Nwaneri's future ahead of the Community Shield, saying: "I want him to be at the club but something is in the medium-long term what is best for the player as well. Ethan needs to play football and if he stays here it's because we can guarantee that he can have those minutes."
Arteta's selection for the first competitive match of the season suggests those minutes cannot be guaranteed.
Join our new WhatsApp community and receive your daily dose of Mirror Football content. We also treat our community members to special offers, promotions, and adverts from us and our partners. If you don't like our community, you can check out any time you like. If you're curious, you can read our Privacy Notice.

Official premium experiences available now for the 26/27 Premier League season. Make it easier than ever to turn a regular fixture into something genuinely unforgettable.
文章来源:Mirror Football。GoalingBreak仅为方便阅读展示文本,所有权利归发布者所有。
阅读原文 →